My Last Weekend

Saturday was our going away party with all of the students and all of the host families.  It was a lot of fun.  We went to Alajuela (a bordering province about an hour away) to this place with a pool and a soccer field.  My family got their a little so the traditional students vs. families soccer game had already started.  I got to play the second half though.  I wasn't much help, but it was still fun.  It wasn't a devastating loss (13-9).
Yellow is students, red is families.

Then a few people got pushed in the pool and some jumped in.  Everyone brought bathing suits but few people actually ended up using them.


After lunch was a dance class with Roy.  Roy was on the Costa Rican version of dancing with the stars and has led a few classes for us throughout the semester.  He is quite the character.
Roy is the one in the white cowboy outfit.  He made quite the entrance in that getup. 
My host mom (red and white stripes) kept pulling me to the front with her.  She was much better than I am.
Then there was a little talent show of the students: a violinist, dancer, and the three guys in the program sang and played guitar.  Then we all left back to our own homes.  I'm going to miss this group of people.

Then Sunday I spent relaxing and finishing up all of my work.  One more week left and then I will be home in the states.

No comments:

Post a Comment