Poas Volcano

So today was a day to work on our papers and I finished so I went on a trip to the Poas Volcano with Maggie, who didn't want to work.  Check out the crater when we first go there.
Look really closely (just kidding, the cloud forest is aptly named).
We think we should photoshop a background into these pictures.

Then we took another trail up to an old crater that has been filled up with water.



Maggie made a friend.

Because Poas is a cloud forest it looked really different from the other forests I've been too.



This bird stood still for a really long time and just let us take its picture.

When we got back to the main crater the clouds had lifted and we got to see the crater!  The crater is a geyser so the water was about 100 degrees, green, gas was pouring out, and it smelled strongly of sulfur (rotten eggs).  It was kinda scary being so close to an active volcano.


Our snack for the day: a fruit called mamones, you suck off the orangy-yellow part. There is a big seed in the middle.  I ate way too many today but they were way too good to stop eating.

I think this was my favorite of the three volcanoes that I got to see while I was in Costa Rica.
Arenal
Irazu

Poas

No comments:

Post a Comment