New Fruits

So there are all kinds of awesome fruits here and I have been trying a bunch of them.  On Sunday I went to a farmer's market with my host mom and she showed me a bunch of new ones that I got to try. (I didn't take any of these pictures.)
Granadilla.  It looks really gross, but its so good.  You eat the seeds and the clear stuff around it, so its kinda crunch, but really good.
Manzana de Agua. (water apple).  It has the consistency of a hard pear and doesn't really taste like anything, these were not my favorite.  My host nephew however, loves them and ate 6 in one day.
Ciruela.  Mini plums, the ones I had were really sour, but I don't think they are supposed to be like that.
Caimite. You eat the white part of the fruit, the black part are seeds.  It was so good, kind of tasted like a sweeter lychee if you know what that is.  We were talking to a street vendor about the different types of fruits he had yesterday and he just cut one of these up for us to try.  I will definitely be going back for more.


No comments:

Post a Comment