Best Compliment Ever

On Saturday we stopped by my host grandmother's house and she had all of this great stuff for me to try: sugar cane and guaba.  To eat sugar cane you peel off the outer bark and chew on the inside so all the sugary juice ends up in your mouth and guaba you eat the white fuzzy part around the seeds and then spit out the seeds.  So while we were standing outside eating these wonderful but messy foods my host grandmother told me she thinks I'm part costa rican! My host mom's response to this was that she would find me a costa rican boyfriend to convince me to stay (sorry Carson).  These things were so great to hear from my Costa Rican family.
Sugar cane
Guaba (ignore the caption in the picture, guava is a different fruit)
Anyway, the rest of my weekend was uneventful cause of unfortunate rain.  My sisters decided I needed to be educated on the twilight movies so we watched all of them in one day.  Then we just hung out for the rest of the weekend.  I leave this family on Saturday and I'm really not looking forward to it. Hopefully I will get the chance to come back to Costa Rica in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment