This Week End

So Friday started off with everyone in my host family being sick, including me.  My eldest host sister had been sick earlier in the week and we all got it. Yay!  But runny noses didn't stop us, we all went to school, work, etc. like normal.

Then on Saturday we went to a farm that is owned by the scouts program that my middle sister is part of (it's like boy scouts only for both genders).

After leaving there we went to La Selva which is the biological reserve that my host dad works at.  When we were there, I found out that a bunch of other family members work there too.  So we went on a hike and got lost and then found our way back out!  I had a great time, my oldest sister was less than thrilled about walking through the forest and getting her hiking boots dirty (I thought hiking boots were supposed to get dirty, but what do I know).  The only little mishap was when I was taking a picture while standing on a bridge and the cap to the camera lens fell in the river and got swept away.  Oops (fingers crossed that I will be able to find another one online).
Blue jeaned poison dart frog.

These are everywhere. 
The macaw was hiding.
Howler monkey
I have been trying the whole time I've been here to get a picture of a hummingbird.  Finally had success!

Then Sunday was a lazy day, and we just hung out at the house.  For a while my host dad and I were sitting out on the front patio and I was taking pictures of birds while he told me what they all were (of course I don't really remember what they were, but the pictures came out good).
But I got a stomach bug Sunday afternoon so that was kinda a bad way to end the weekend.  Now I'm back at Tirimbina getting ready to analyze more bat calls.  I just found out the way I was doing the analysis was wrong and now I have to start over! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment